Sunday, March 18, 2012

Adventure Club - Sea Kayaking

 Sunny sheltered coastline, lines of light fluffy clouds on the horizon edging a brilliant blue sky.
 The Guillemots and Razorbills are busy spring cleaning their rock ledges.
 The vivid blue green waters of Sugarloaf Caves and archways...
What an amazing place to paddle. The stunning Isle of Man Coastline full of bustling wildlife and the fresh sea air. I do love living here : )
K
 Sunset over the Mountains of Mourne - the Adventure Club are heading over there at Easter...
 Experience it NOW...  Live life to the full...
 Share the memories later.
Hi Keirron 
I am sat here with a glass of wine in hand having spent the afternoon in the sunshine in our garden!  
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed today's paddle.  I never imagined a trip round the calf could be so varied.  Calm seas, big swelly seas, fast tides, wind, no wind.  It was great to also get some distance under my belt, until you do it you are never sure if you are fit enough or whether you are capable of keeping up with the "big boys".  Moreover, you get to see things that most people who live here never see, the south side of the Calf of Man, Chicken's rock and then nothing else's just sea..., you  get to debate philosophical issues like  which way is the drinking dragon drinking?  and you get to spend a time with some great friends in the glorious spring sunshine. 
I don't think I could have asked for a better Mothering Sunday, everyone else can go out for lunch but give me a sea kayaking trip any time :-)

See you soon 
Rach x

No comments: