Friday, April 13, 2012

Youth paddle round Isle of Man

The Youth Scholarship circumnavigation of the Isle of Man completed in 4 days this week, totally self-sufficient, wild camping along the way. A few pics from the journey...
The first Puffins of the year, bobbing about by the kayaks
 various weather and sea conditions
 stunning wildlife
 with remote camping on pebble beaches, the odd shipwreck for company
 watching the search and rescue helicopter at work whilst eating the evening meal at sunset
 then the final push and seeing the finish come into sight...
 ...and the joy at completing the Circumnavigation of their Isle of Man by sea kayak!
Congratulations to everyone, the six Youth Scholarship individuals who have progressed so far, Sam Murphy the Expedition Team Leader, and Tony and Martin part of the leadership team.

The guys are now closer to readiness for the main expedition to Vancouver Island in July.
Keirron


"Definitely an endurance that I will never forget" - Sarah
"This trip was the hardest and most difficult thing I have ever done"... - Leon
"I really enjoyed the challenge...a great experience that brought the team together" - Henry
"I thought th trip was difficult, but I am glad I completed it... - Conor
"I was an amazing trip which I found hugely beneficial for life-skills as well as team work" - Kim
"It was a challenge, but a great achievement" - Matt



No comments: